- Fall 1: August 22 - October 14, 2022 (WYP runs through most holidays, except Labor Day, and Thanksgiving week)
- Fall 2: October 17 - December 16, 2022
- Winter: January 3 - March 24, 2023
- Spring: April 3 - June 2, 2023 (No programs on Memorial Day)
Participants may attend WYP for one program per season (usually that means one day a week). Read the blog to learn more about how registration and waitlisting works at WYP.
Please read our Covid-19 Precautions and Protocols.
School Year Details
|Woolly Bears||2.5-5||Preschool age program, meets 2-4 days/week||9AM-1PM||Learn More|
|Chickadees||3-5||Preschool age program, meets 1 day per week||9AM-1PM||Learn More|
|Treefrogs||Grades K-2||After school for all participants||3PM-6PM||Learn More|
|Bluebirds*||Grades 3-5||After school for female identifying participants||3:15PM-6:15PM||Learn More|
|Dragonflies||Grades 3-5||After school for all participants||3:15PM-6:15PM||Learn More|
|Herons*||Grades 6-8||After school for female identifying teens||3:30PM-6:30PM||Learn More|
|Scrub Jays*||Grades 6-8||After school for male identifying teens||3:30PM-6:30PM||Learn More|
|Roadrunners||Grades 6-8||After school for teen participants||3:30PM-6:30PM||Learn More|
|Tiburones||Grades 9-12||After school for high school students||3:30PM-6:30PM||Learn More|
|Mockingbirds||Grades 1-6||Daytime program for school age/ home school participants||9AM-1PM||Learn More|
*About our gender affinity programs: if your participant does not identify as male or female, they are welcome to choose the group where they feel most comfortable.
Preschool age program, meets 2-4 days/week
9AM - 1PM
Preschool age program, meets 1 day/week
9AM - 1PM
Meets at one location and explores nearby nature
Meets at one location after school (for female-identifying participants) and explores nearby nature
Meets at one location after school (for all participants) and explores nearby nature
After school program for female-identifying teens
After school program for male-identifying teens
After school program for teens
After school program for high school teens
Daytime program for school age/ home school participants
Want to know more about what we do at WYP?
Our favorite words to hear from your children are... "That was the best day ever!" And we hear that a lot.
Check out our Parent Resources to read more about program days with WYP. Find out more about how we offer tiered scholarships to make sure every child can participate.
WYP programs provide fun, adventure, and learning outdoors
- Circle of Thanksgiving—Sharing words of gratitude
- Awareness Games—Scout skills, blindfolded drum stalk, camouflage, animal forms, and more
- Wandering—Outdoor exploring nature
- Storytelling—Telling stories with words, journaling, acting
- Art of questioning—The answer always leads to more questions…
- Sit Spot—Knowledge of place, quiet reflection, observation and experience
- Crafts & Skills—Learn fire by friction, cordage,
tracking, archery and more while building relationships with materials from nature
Adventure, Learning, Play, Joy and time in Nature are waiting for you. Our professional mentors believe in helping kids play and grow while gaining new skills. We look forward to returning to school year programs in the fall!